Welcome to Day 17
I must be hungry this week as we are still sketchnoting food. Today I want you to try a SIMPLE recipe. If you watched the Be The Light Bible Journaling Conference I shared the Benjamin Franklin Breakfast Bowl recipe. It is a very simple recipe I found on Foodwishes.com. I found a great cartoon of Ben and used kites for the bullet points. There were only 4 ingredients and 4 steps which also involved no cooking.
Part of that recipe was to add granola so I decided to sketchnote the granola recipe. Here’s my offering for that. See what we are still using our sketchnote principles of visually organizing the page with a large title, medium subtitles and interesting, and eye-catching numbers and bullets. We add icons when it makes sense and we have an awesome sketchnote.
Steps to sketchnote a Recipe
- Carefully select a recipe, think about the complexity of the recipe, the simpler and steps the better.
- Think about how you would doodle the final product.
- Plan out the numbers, bullets and other doodles that you might use.
- Plan out the recipe on scrap paper in pencil. Allocate room for the title, the ingredients, procedure and an image of the final picture.
- Pencil in the title, source and any other information like prep time, number servings….
- Write out the ingredients, and icons as it makes sense
- Write out the procedure and add icons as it makes sense.
- Complete the finished recipe image
- Ink and color to finish the recipe.
Ways to use a Sketchnote recipe
- Give a family heirloom recipe for Christmas
- Sketchnote the main dish at a dinner party
- Use the sketchnote as an invitation to dinner
- Sketchnote a recipe as a thank you for a dinner party
- Have a sketching party and sketch while you cook
I can’t wait to see what you all come up with for your sketch notes.