Happy Mothers Day!
I have been working on a cool doodle sheet for you to doodle and give to your mom. My Mother will be 89 next week. I am working on a unique birthday thing for her that I will share with you. It’s a personalized gift that you can give anyone and it’s pretty darn cool. Stay tuned for that!
Ideas for Mom
Before I get to the Printable. I personally always struggle as to what to get Mom. I brainstormed some ideas that would be simple things to do for mom on Mother’s day.
- Flowers are always good, maybe get a bulb like tulips or hyacinths so they can be planted after they bloom.
- Make her some freezer meals.
- Make her favorite dessert.
- Take her to a movie.
- Order take out and stay in watch a movie.
- Go to the Spa together
- Take a day trip somewhere just out of town.
- Make her a cool brunch
- Find a class to take together.
- Set up a scavenger hunt the whole family can do together.
- Serve her High tea (and don’t forget those very cool little finger sandwiches)
- Pack a picnic in the park.
- Go antiquing or flea-marketing.
- Help her tackle a project that she’s been putting off.
- Go visit the local farmer’s market
- Go on a Bike ride
Thanks to Success Resources for some cool ideas on my list. Here’s their post if you want more Mother’s Day ideas.
Proverbs 31 Printable
Today I thought I would convert my Proverbs 31 piece into a printable.
I love quilts and I incorporated a few quilt squares into the piece. You can use my doodled piece above as some inspiration. I have also put together a doodle inspiration sheet with pattern ideas.
Black permanent marker
Colors – color pencils or fine markers.
- Print out the piece on card-stock (heavy paper)
- Select a no more than 4 colors. or Stay in one or two color families.
- Then doodle patterns in the spaces rather than coloring. It will create a much more interesting look.
- Consider doodling your mom’s name into the piece. See if she finds it.
- Frame it or not. Give it to Mom and give her a hug.
Here are some bookmarks for the kids to color to give to Grandma. IMAGE
See you next week with a Birthday project.
Leave a Reply